Hey everyone! I am now accepting bookings for BABSCON 2020! Please read and follow these instructions carefully before submitting your idea!
My minimum charge this year is $60. For custom pieces I am charging my shop hourly rate of $140 per hour. I am not accepting any custom projects over two hours at the convention due to time restrictions. If you are semi-local to Sacramento you can always get a larger piece started at the con, and finished at the shop.
Appointments will be booked at a first come, first serve basis. I reserve the right to refuse any projects I do not want to do. Designs from my flash book will be available as well. I have created a video of my entire flash book here: https://youtu.be/S1k4kVdwdz4
All advance bookings whether custom or flash are required to pay a deposit via PayPal of $40 to secure their appointment, that counts towards your total. Cash and PayPal will be accepted at the con. If you cancel your appointment, your deposit is forfeit. All deposits are non-refundable.
In your submission please include the following information:
- The approximate size and placement of your tattoo (please include left/right and which limb or area you want. Do not just say “on my arm” – is it forearm, outer or inner, bicep, shoulder etc)
- Your tattoo budget
- Your preferred day to get tattooed
- Any reference images
- If possible, please also include a photo of the area to be tattooed
Aftercare instructions will be sent with every email when I start responding. Please print out a copy for your own reference and have all the aftercare items WITH YOU at the convention, or purchase them in Burlingame BEFORE getting tattooed so you are prepared to care for your new tattoo during the convention.
DURING THE CONVENTION I have policies in place that are following:
- YOU are responsible for showing up to your appointment on time. Because of time restrictions you are only allowed a 15 minute grace period. I do my best to finish all projects in a timely manner and if I am running late on a previous appointment you will be notified and given a time frame to come back in. It is usually no more than 15 minutes. NO SHOW APPOINTMENTS CANNOT BE RESCHEDULED AND WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT.
- Please be showered, and wear appropriate clothing for the area of the body you are getting tattooed – in example if you are getting a tattoo on your thigh please wear shorts and not skinny jeans. Please make sure you have eaten a meal before your appointment, and that you are properly rested, hydrated, and not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- NO HANDS, NECKS, FACES, OR FINGERS WILL BE TATTOOED AT THE CONVENTION.
- Please do not bring a group of friends with you to get tattooed. There is very limited space. At best I can MAYBE accommodate ONE person for moral support but I would prefer not to. I promise I am really good moral support!
- YOU MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO GET TATTOOED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please have VALID government issued ID such as a passport, Drivers license, or ID card. If you do not have valid ID you cannot be tattooed. I DO NOT ACCEPT PHOTOS OF YOUR ID ONLY THE ACTUAL ID.
If you have any questions please include them in your submission email along with the required information.
All quotes besides set flash prices are estimated and you should expect them to fluctuate slightly if needed. I time all sessions’ needle to skin time so what I charge is whatever the time ends up being. All quotes will be as accurate as possible.
After submitting your idea I will draw a design and we will go through an approval process. Once your deposit has been left for a particular idea PLEASE BE PREPARED TO COMMIT TO THAT IDEA. If you change your mind in the middle of the design process and want something different, a second deposit must be made and the first will be forfeit. ALL CUSTOM IDEAS MUST BE FINALIZED 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE CONVENTION.
THERE WILL BE NO CUSTOM DRAWN WALK UPS AVAILABLE. ONLY FLASH OR READY TO GO SIMPLE DESIGNS THAT YOU PROVIDE. I WILL NOT REPLICATE OTHER PEOPLES TATTOOS OR THINGS YOU FIND ON PINTEREST. I still reserve the right to refuse walk up ideas if I do not want to do them.
Not all submissions are guaranteed to secure an appointment. The earlier you submit your idea, the better chance you have of getting tattooed. As always, any extra time I have is dedicated to walk ups.
Thank you everyone for your interest! I look forward to seeing this years project submissions and working with you all! 🙂
Please make your subject line of your email BABSCON 2020 tattoos.